For the purpose of this permit,
"Authorized Representative" means the Authority employee authorized to execute a dangerous goods permit;
"Authority" means the Prince Rupert Port Authority;
- the name of the vessel loading, unloading or having on board dangerous goods;
- in the case of the movement of dangerous goods by land, including their loading on or retention on or unloading from railway cars or other land vehicles, the railway or land vehicle company, or
- where goods are to be stored in transit, the name of the terminal operator, within the harbour;
"Classification" means the class and division into which dangerous goods fall as provided in the IMDG Code for international or domestic cargoes or, the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations for domestic cargoes.
- the compatibility group in the case of Class 1 goods, and
- any secondary classification;
"Dangerous goods" includes dangerous goods and explosives as defined in the Port Authorities Operations Regulations and
Practices and Procedures for Prince Rupert Harbour.
"Location" means the berth, anchorage of other authorized place within the harbour where dangerous goods are to be loaded
or retained on or unloaded from the carrier or stored in transit in care of the terminal operator;
"Permittee" means the applicant under Part 1 of this Permit;
"U.N. Number" means
"Shipping agent" means with respect to dangerous goods, the technical name as referred to in the IMDG Code or the
Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations.
- the U.N. Number as provided in the IMDG Code, or
- the U.N. Number as provided in the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations.